Friday, August 07, 2009

3 movement sequence and metcon

Today we are going to combine 3 Floreio movements into a sequence and train that small flow piece.

Half Au Cortado + Role + QDR



Combining those three elements requires control of each one of them, so make sure you return back to the previous workouts to read the descriptions and train them individualy before you continue.
Flow from a squat into a Half Au, lower back and sideways, pull into a Role and directly through to QDR. Return to Squat and repeat for reps.

Au Cortado + Role + QDR + Role



From a squat go into a full Au Cortado, come back directly to a Role and flow into the QDR, from the QDR flow into one more Role, to the opposite side and return to squat. Repeat for reps.


Au Regretful + Role + QDR Rotational Push Up



Go into an Au Regretful, directly into a full Role and from there into a QDR rotational Push Up. Come back to Squat and repeat for reps.

Comments about quality of movement
If you watch the videos carefuly, you can observe there are certain 'additions' to each movement above and beyond what is functionaly necessary for the movement to happen. For example, the Role basicly takes me from a squatting position in point A to squatting position in point B. But... It is not only performed with that function in mind, but the weight shift, smoothness of the movement and the 'Movement Logic' are also taken into consideration. Try to absorb and analyze those qualities, and add them to the way that you move.
At this time, I will not give too many details about quality of movement, for the following reasons - A. This medium is limiting in its ability to transfer such data to an audience and B. for the reason you have a lot on your hands right now as it is.
But, be aware of it, and try to play with the quality of your movements when you feel it is possible.
For further discussion of Movement Quality, click here.

Pistol + Side Push Ups
This is a combination I created a long time ago as a conditioning movement that combines upper body, lower body and core (mostly in the advanced variation - due to the lifted front leg) into one small piece of flow.



The easy variation starts while standing on one leg. Make sure your weight is concentrated on your heel, lower back and down into a one leg squat, making sure the heel doesnt come up, and that the hand of the same side of the raised leg is waiting to recieve the floor. When you reach the bottom of the Pistol Squat, lower your foot to the ground, but do not let any other part of your body besides you hand and both feet touch the floor. Lower down to the side push up, letting your body pass the elbow line and into 'Vasamento' position. Push back up. Pull the straight leg back into a normal squat. Stand up. Repeat for reps.



The intermidiate variation will be only a bit different from the beginner one:
1. No help from the hand during the decent into the pistol.
2. One Arm Side Push Up and not two.



The advanced variation will be even more challanging than the intermidiate:
1. Lift the whole leg that is free from the start and during the whole exercise and make sure it is still hovering above the ground in the one arm side push up.
2. A concentric lifting out of the pistol position is added - not only decent on one leg but also comming back up on one leg.


Workout - beginner

Warmup
A1. 5 min jump rope
A2. Wrists Routine X 1 set
A3. Ido's Squat Clinic Routine X 1 set
A4. Shoulder ROM and Stabilization routine X 1 set
A5. Rotations Into Low Bridge X 10 reps
or
A5. Slide Into Low Bridge X 30 sec hold
A6. Rotations Into Arch Using The Wall X 10 reps

Sequence work
B1. Half Au + Role + QDR X 10 reps / 5 sets / 60 sec

Conditioning/prehab
C1. Ecc Pistol + Side Push Up 10,8,6,4,2 (per leg) / as little rest as you need
D1. Wrist routine X 2 sets


Workout - intermidiate

Warmup
A1. 5 min jump rope
A2. Wrists Routine X 1 set
A3. Ido's Squat Clinic Routine X 1 set
A4. Shoulder ROM and Stabilization routine X 1 set
A5. Rotations Into Low Bridge X 10 reps

Sequence work
B1. Au Cortado + Role + QDR + Role X 10 reps / 5 sets / 60 sec

Conditioning/prehab
C1. Ecc Pistol + One Arm Side Push Up 10,8,6,4,2 (per leg) / as little rest as you need
D1. Wrist routine X 2 sets

Workout - advanced

Warmup
A1. 5 min jump rope
A2. Wrists Routine X 1 set
A3. Ido's Squat Clinic Routine X 1 set
A4. Shoulder ROM and Stabilization routine X 1 set
A5. Rotations Into Low Bridge X 10 reps

Sequence work
B1. Au regretful + Role + QDR Rotational Push Up X 10 reps / 5 sets / 60 sec

Conditioning/prehab
C1. Pistol + One Arm Side Push Up 10,8,6,4,2 (per leg) / as little rest as you need
D1. Wrist routine X 2 sets


Enjoy the workout, and please join the discussion on the forum!
Ido.

12 comments:

Fumaça said...

Hi Ido,
The pistol movement with push-up is absolutely killer! I love it! I think pistols are the best excercise and this side push up adds balance and upper body conditioning. Thanks a million for this wonderful video!!!

Ido Portal said...

Fumaca,
I'm glad you like it. I have many variations of total body movements that challange large percentage of the human musculature at once. Such exercises are especialy usefull for the purpose of metabolic conditioning due to that nature.

Cory said...

Ido,

These posts have been excellent and came exactly when I needed them. Both myself and my students will benefit for years to come--most especially from the movement quality focus. I relish the challenge some of these new movement sequences and exercises bring. Thanks for taking all the time to share with us.

RickyVT said...

I just got time after the gym to check out these new sequences (after food, getting ready to go camping over the weekend etc). I got so excited about the pistol one arm side push up advanced that I ran down stairs and gave it a try in the living room! All I can say is "wow, why didnt I think of that!" I mean, I love pistols and I have been working one arm pushups so why not combine them! I cant wait to try them out for reps =) I think I am going to find an open spot at the camp ground and do this work out tomorrow, it will definitely be different from working out in the gym! That’s another thing I am loving about the Floreio workouts . . . you need zero equipment (besides the bands but they are easy to transport).

rozydesouza said...

Great post. Your blog is amazing. thanks for all the info.
___________________
Rozydesouza
Loans in a low rate and we make it easy to repay it too

Dr Purva Pius said...

Hello Everybody, My name is.Mrs.Juliet Quin. I live in Canada and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $ 73,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $ 73,000.00 Canada Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs.Juliet Quin that refer you to him. Contact Dr Purva Pius via email: reply to email (urgentloan22@gmail.com)

eiko adem said...

Hi friends
As per the result of my searching about fat burning i funded a awesome website about fat loos and other things you can see this web site this is the link :
http://bit.ly/1Yuhnpy

Arab Academy said...

Thank you for sharing knowledge and thanks for fantastic efforts
fire fighting academy
Firefighter I *

Mohamed Elnaseh said...

Thank you very much for your good efforts and good sharing
Jobs
nasihnetwork

Dr Purva Pius said...

My Brothers and Sister all over the world, I am Mrs Boo Wheat from Canada ; i was in need of loan some month ago. i needed a loan to open my restaurant and bar, when one of my long time business partner introduce me to this good and trustful loan lender DR PURVA PIUS that help me out with a loan, and is interest rate is very low , thank God today. I am now a successful business woman, and I became useful. In the life of others, I now hold a restaurant and bar. And about 30 workers, thank GOD for my life I am leaving well today a happy father with three kids, thanks to you DR PURVA PIUS Now I can take care of my lovely family, i can now pay my bill. I am now the bread winner of my family. If you are look for a trustful and reliable loan leader. You can Email him via,mail (urgentloan22@gmail.com) Please tell him Mrs Boo Wheat from Canada introduce you to him. THANKS

Abraj Dubai said...

خدمات متميزة من خلال شركة تسليك مجارى بالدمام التي تعتبر أهم الشركات بالمملكة العربية السعودية و تسعي لتحقيق مستوي رائع من خلال فريقها التي تقوم بإختياره بدقة كبيرة .

للتواصل معنا عبر :-

http://abraj-dubai.net/%D8%B4%D8%B1%D9%83%D8%A9-%D8%AA%D8%B3%D9%84%D9%8A%D9%83-%D9%85%D8%AC%D8%A7%D8%B1%D9%89-%D8%A8%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AF%D9%85%D8%A7%D9%85-%D9%88%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%82%D8%B7%D9%8A%D9%81/

anti.insects7@gmail.com said...

تمتع بافضل خدمة ابادة حشرات من افضل شركة مكافحة حشرات باعلي كفاءة ممكنه كما اننا نوفر لكم الكثير من المتخصصين في بادة الحشرات مع اشهر شركة ابادة الحشرات باعلي كفاءة ممكنه ,ونوفر لكم الكثير من الخدمات كي نخلصكم من الحشرات شركة مكافحة حشرات في اسرع وقت ممكن

http://www.anti-insects.com/